Sunday 31 July 2011

That Didn't Last Long

After the excitement and happiness of the last post over the Marin's big repair, it's back to dry dock for the beast. A 10 mile ride was enough to annoy the rear derailleur again and it repeated its Cannock Chase trick of falling apart. While I was lucky at Cannock that the guide (upper) jockey wheel just about stayed attached to the bike, this time I wasn't so fortunate. My own internal jury is still out on whether to continue the hunt for a new 8 speed jockey wheel or to just get a shiny new derailleur seeing as this is a recurring problem... suggestions are welcome.

The photos below show the bike in serious 'limp-home' mode - I had to lower the saddle and scoot all the way home!


Conspicuous only by its absence
Moving on to something less annoying, I finally got developed photos I took at the 2011 British Grand Prix Qualifying at Silverstone earlier this month. A lot of the photos were slightly marred by the safety fence and even more were ruined by my ineptitude, but there are a few I'm happy with and I've put some of them below (there were some other photos apart from Quali too):








Please do click on them to see the full-size image (that applies to all the photos you see on this blog).

1 comment: